The Station Masters House West Wemyss Station on Flickr.
West Wemyss Station
The first station from Thornton on the Thornton Junction to Methil Branch through East Fife. The Line was opened in August 1881. This station closed to Passengers during the first world war and re-opened shortly after the end of the war.
It was finally closed to passengers and goods in November 1949 although through traffic to Thornton remained until the 60’s (The Signal box closed in 1927)
The Former Station Masters house has seen better days but compared to other stations on this Branch line that stayed open right into the 60’s there is much more left here than most.